As we get closer to Valentines Day, it seems as though I can’t go anywhere without the mention of love or chocolate.Â We don’t really celebrate Valentines Day since Monkeys birthday is the day before and our anniversary is at the end of the month.
This year since we’ve gone gluten free, most chocolate is hard to do (well the good ones with caramel or nuts, anyway) so I figured I’d focus on the love.Â Someone once told me that’s what the holiday is supposed to be about, so I’m going with it.
Here’s a quick top 10 list on why I love my husband:
10. He lets me sleep in most weekends, often accompanied by breakfast when I wake up.
09. We handle most situations in complete different ways.Â So, when I am panicked about something, he’s usually cool as a cucumber and vice versa.
08. He’s the best Daddy in the world.Â In fact, I often say he’s a better mom than I am.
07. After being together for 10 years, he can still make me laugh like no one else.Â I mean, tears running down my face, snorting kind of laugh.
06. He will eventually give in, and let me throw away his Dorky-McDork shoes that make him look like he’s 4.
05.Â He’s seen the best of times and worst of times with me and at the end of the day I know he’s in it for the long haul.
04. He’s given me the two best kids I could ever ask for.
03. We came to Christ together which has been the greatest journey of our lives.
02. He gets up in the middle of the night every night with Caterpillar and rarely complains about it.
And the number one reason I love my husband:
<drum roll please>
01. He’s all mine!