No matter what is going on in my life, I always have something I am trying desperately to hold on to. I need to be better about giving everything over to God. I trust him, I know he loves me, and I know he will protect my heart, guide my hands and guard my mouth. Yet, I try to stay in control.
With the short, yet busy month of February upon us I am going to make an effort to give five things up to God.
- The refinance of our house. Things have gotten a little off track, but I can already see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just how God always is, the new plan is even better than what we thought was our plan before.
- The stress of Monkeys birthday party. It is never easy to bring our crazy families together, but I am asking Him to help me keep the focus on our Monkey.
- A leadership position with MOPS. I should hear back from the MOPS steering team this month regarding my application to be a discussion group leader. I am excited about the possibility of helping other mommies grow in their faith through this program, and I hope I am chosen for this position.
- Finding a preschool for Monkey. One of my dear friends from MOPS highly recommended another preschool for us to check out. She is enrolling her son there, and used to teach preschool, so my hopes are high, but just like everything else, it is in Gods hands.
- Myles and his continued education about his alcoholism. He is my mothers boyfriend, and I love him just like he is family. He is struggling with his disease and is currently serving time in jail for DUI. He is working on his relationship with God, but like so many people with this disease, he struggles everyday. I need to focus on writing him more so he can know how much I love him and miss him.
There are things I can give to the Lord during all seasons of my life. For now, these are my top five. What would you like to give up to the Lord? You can be specific or non-descriptive. I commit to praying for you and the release of your stresses, so be sure and leave your comments below so I can be sure and pray for you.