Daddy and I have been together for 11 years, married for 9.
It’s so cliche, but I have to admit, I love him more today than yesterday and I know tomorrow will be even more.Â He may not be perfect, but there’s no doubt he’s perfect for me.
Here’s the top ten reasons I love him so:
- He lets me wear his last clean pair of PJ pants and doesn’t complain (too much) about the fact that I have plenty of my own in my drawer.Â What?Â His are just more comfy!
- When September 11th happened, I adopted a cat.Â That cat of course had to have a friend.Â When that friend died in our window well, he removed it and wouldn’t let me look.Â I later thought I had to have a mini English bulldog to heal my heart after losing a baby just before we conceived Caterpillar.Â Daddy lovingly changes the cat litter box weekly, and bathes Stinky McGoo without mentioning the fact that I have issues in the pet department.
- He lets me warm my icicle feet on his warm legs.Â I also warm my hands on his belly at night.Â That’s love.
- He’s the best Daddy I’ve ever seen.Â Hands down.Â And it’s pretty darned sexy.
- When I met him, he drank about a gallon of milk per day.Â Cheese was also in on the action.Â Almost a year ago, he drastically reduced his dairy so I wouldn’t have to listen to him snore at night.Â It went away completely for a while, and now he doesn’t mind so much when I make him roll over the middle of the night.
- He lets me watch Food Network.Â Ad naseum.Â Even when it starts to repeat itself, I won’t change the channel.
- His job isn’t his dream job, but he goes in every day and makes the best of it.Â Â He’s always been good at commitment.
- Even though he’s completely “in” when it comes to getting out of debt and into a better financial situation, he’s okay with me blowing the budget every now and again.
- He does laundry.Â And dishes.Â And toilets. And diapers. ’nuff said.
- He wants to have another baby.Â He adores me and our family enough to want more.Â He always says he wants three, and I’ve always said four.Â I know when it comes down to it, if I wanted six, he’d go with it.Â But, if in the end that’s not Gods plan, he’d be totally content with that too.Â He loves us justÂ that much.
I love you, Daddy.Â I can’t wait to see you tonight, and I’m looking forward to our traditional celebration during 5280 week!