I am sure most of you know by now, but for those of you who don’t let me tell you, I am a terrible waiter. I don’t like to wait for answers, I ruin surprises at Christmas, and I just really do not like the unknown. Truth be told, Monkey is more patient than I am, and she’s three (in five days)!

Of course God knows this too, so wouldn’t you know it? He’s asking me to patiently wait.

I haven’t been feeling all that well lately, and I missed my period (sorry if that’s too much info for my male readers LOL). I finally talked myself into going to the doctor yesterday. As I mentioned before I really didn’t care too much for the OB I was seeing before, but she’s covered under our insurance. I really wanted a comprehensive check, so I decided to suck it up and pay out of pocket for the OB who delivered Monkey.

I went and he explained there were several things that can cause a delay in my cycle so he wanted to do complete blood work and an ultrasound just to see what was going on. After the ultrasound it was determined my uterus has a very thick lining. This means one of two things: Either my body “stopped” somewhere along the line after my miscarriage and the lining was not shed, or we’re pregnant. He could not tell from the ultrasound because if we are pregnant, the sac and baby would not yet be visible.

If it’s the first I will need to have a D&C. I am pretty scared about this for several reasons, but I am mostly sad because this means I will have to wait even longer to try for our number two. This would also confuse me even more because I had a period in January! For those of you who didn’t pay attention in 7th grade sex ed (or you are too old to remember – like me!), a womans period is when  the lining of the uterus is shed.  He also mentioned if I just let it go, eventually the lining would close off my uterus completely and I would become infertile. Thank you God for convincing me to go to the doctor!

The tiredness could also be a sign my thyroid pills need to be adjusted. That’s never fun because the appropriate dosage is pretty much a guessing game until they get it locked in, all the while I am feeling “off”.

I am thinking this is what will happen, but still praying for a miracle. I don’t feel pregnant at all (other than how tired I am) and the urine tests came back negative. If the blood work confirms a pregnancy, I will be high risk and it is likely I will need hormone shots in order to carry to full term.

I tried to find more information on line, but there just isn’t more to find at this point. There are just too many considerations to be made in order to make a definite determination.

Everything should be back in about a week, and I will keep everyone posted, but in the mean time, God just has us waiting.